The Dwelling Place provides a secluded setting for spiritual contemplation and renewal in the Franciscan tradition.
Individuals or couples can request lodging in one of three hermitages: Clare House, Francis House or Maria House.
Each hermitage is a self-contained, air-conditioned cottage that includes bath, dressing, sleeping, living and kitchen/dining areas.
Umbria Guest House accommodates small groups, is fully air-conditioned and includes:
- four bedrooms, each with an adjoining bath;
- a spacious living room for meetings or other group activities;
- a fully-equipped kitchen and dining area; and
- large front and back porches where guests can mingle informally.
The hermitages and Umbria Guest House are surrounded by 17 acres of pine-studded land. The rural setting is secluded, yet easily accessible to main highways.
Sheltered seating areas near our pond are among the many outdoor spaces that can be used for quiet time. Our meditation path with Stations of the Cross also provides an opportunity for personal prayer and reflection.
Visitors can choose to supplement their time in retreat by:
- participating in our daily prayer and communion service;
- browsing our spirituality lending library; or
- joining in one more more meals with our staff and other guests.
More than anything else, we receive requests from people who simply want to "get away"... to be still and to pray.
Come, utilize Umbria Guest House as a resource for your group, or enjoy the solitude of one of our hermitages for yourself... experience God's healing presence.